For well over a decade, AAUW San Diego’s Scholarship Fund Committee has awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships to local college and university students who seek to achieve a baccalaureate degree. Awards are generally in the $750—$2,000 range.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Full time students (taking at least 12 units per semester), and either attending or admitted for Fall to a four year college or university in San Diego
- Must be working toward a baccalaureate degree or a credential, but not a graduate degree
- Must have earned at least 60 semester (90 quarter) units of credit toward the baccalaureate degree, with a grade point average of 3.4 or higher
- All areas of study (majors) will be considered on an equal basis
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or maintain permanent resident status and reside in San Diego County. (A copy of student or parent’s utility bill is sufficient to show San Diego County residence requirement).
AAUW scholarship awards are both merit-based and need-based. After reviewing and rating all applications, the Scholarship Committee will contact finalists for a personal interview. Scholarships will be presented and recipients honored at San Diego AAUW’s annual June luncheon, which awardees are expected to attend.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Scholarship applications may be obtained here:
AAUW San Diego Branch
Email Scholarship Chair
ANNUAL DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS APRIL 15